Monday, January 12, 2009

Must-See Videos

I strive to update my blog with informative articles, but there are times when I like to supplement that information with pictures or videos. Here are the first three videos I posted on YouTube. They pretty much sum up my experiences and my approach to obtaining healthy hair. They are also my most-viewed and top rated videos to date. Enjoy!

#1.
Ten Tips for Healthy Hair

A lot of women want to know how they can grow and maintain a healthy head of hair. Although there are many women with beautiful heads of hair, and each follow their own unique regimen, there are some universal practices that seem to promote length and strength. Here's a video that provides 10 tips that will get you on the right track to obtaining a luscious head of hair ;).




#2. My Hair Journey

February of 2009 will mark my six year anniversary of being au naturale. Although I'm thrilled to be relaxer free, the journey I took to get there wasn't easy. I've had my ups and downs with lye and dye. I want to share my journey with other women who may have incurred serious damage so that they can see that there is light at the end of the tunnel!




#3. Transitioning from Relaxed to Natural

There are many different reasons why women choose to go natural. For some, it's a statement of identity, for there are those who characterize a black woman's desire to have straight hair as a result of European influence. For others like me, the decision is not as deep. I made the move to go natural more out of necessity than anything else, as I incurred a lot of damage from dye and relaxers (view "My Hair Journey" video above for details). I'll be the first to admit that the transition process can be pretty rough, as one doesn't really know what will come of it in the end. After all, many of us haven't dealt with our natural hair in years! However, I strongly believe that with some research, experimentation, and patience, every woman can successfully transition from relaxed to natural. The following video offers a few tips to those who wish to embark on this journey.

No comments: