Friday, February 6, 2009

Hair

Bronner Bros. Hair Show

Bronner Bros., the maker of my beloved hair oil, is having a hair show in Atlanta this month, February 21-24. In addition to the hair show/competition they hold each year, attendees of this three day extravaganza will also enjoy a comedy show, training sessions, and a variety of products and demonstrations by the exhibitors on display. What I find most refreshing about the event is that they've dedicated an entire portion of their demos to natural hair. They'll teach those who are interested (and pay the admission fee of course) how to do natural styles such as kinky twists, tree braids, and other funky do's. I'm not sure if you have to be a licensed cosmetologist to attend. I hope not, because I really want to go!

Below is a flyer for the event. Unfortunately, I'll have to pass on it this year. Maybe some of you Georgia Peaches can check it out and tell me all about it. For more information, visit www.bronnerbros.com.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there! I luv your blog (and your youtube videos). Anyway, I attended the Bronner Bros. show back in August '08. There are a lot of hair demos and vendors selling products. But, I did not see a lot of vendors geared towards natural heads. They are there, but in the minority. Still, it's a great show to attend for anyone interested in hair.

I don't know if you've heard about this yet, but there will be a hair show in Atlanta in April specifically geared towards natural hair. I've never attended it before, but plan to this year. For more info, check out: naturalhair.org. I hope you find this info helpful.

DPrincess28 said...

Thanks for the info hun! I will definitely check it out. I've been dying to go to a hairs how for a long time now.