Monday, February 23, 2009

Hair

"Red Hot" Jazzing Hair Color by Clairol: An Update

So, it's been 11 days since I dyed my hair with the Jazzing semi-permanent hair color by Clairol, and I now have a clearer perspective on the results. Despite the fact that I removed a large portion of the dye after I cut myself some bangs, I can still see where the color took. Below is a picture that shows the color on my straight hair. I think it gave my hair a pretty auburn tone. I can see the color pretty well on my natural curls too. In fact, it looks brighter (almost orange or coppery red) on my hair when it's curly.

Although I believe the semi-permanent intensified the color that was created previously with permanent color, I don't see where it had any affect whatsoever on the portion of my hair that hadn't already been altered by permanent dye. I can't really say that I expected a dramatic transformation all over because I know that semi-permanent dye is incapable of penetrating the hair shaft and therefore can't impart a new color. However, I was reading the latest issue of Essence magazine and Sophisticate's Black Hair Styles and Care Guide, and ran across an advertisement for Jazzing hair color. Both magazines feature an ad in which there is a photo of a woman sporting a fierce bob with chunky, deep fuchsia highlights. The ad states and I quote: "Jazzing sets me free to change my look whenever I want, without the risk. And with 18 vibrant shades, I'm just getting started."

I think that's a pretty bold statement for a semi-permanent dye. In fact, I have yet to come across one that provides bold, dramatic results such as the one depicted in the image provided in the advertisement. Thus, although I think this product served its purpose as only a semi-permanent dye can, I don't think it lives up to its claim of being capable of providing one with a dramatic change in color from one week to the next.

1 comment:

Jennifer Henry said...

I used Jazzing in a friends hair and she had dark colored hair and it did not work at all!