One of my divas (Lakitiamarie) asked me to share some of the meatless meals I enjoy. So, here's a list of some of my favs:
- Meatless Riblets: I get these at Trader Joes and they taste so good! I pretend that these are meat, and usually pair them with some type of vegetable and complex carbohydrate.
- Spinach & Cheese Pasta: I cook some frozen spinach and mix it in with whole wheat pasta, add some mozzarella and parmesan cheese, pour some pasta sauce with mushrooms on top, and voila! (Spinach lasagna is also a great choice).
- Black Beans and Rice with Vegetables: Zatarain's has some great box mixes. I like to make either their Black Beans and Rice mix or their Red Beans and Rice mix and add some veggies to it like broccoli, red peppers and mushrooms. Sometimes I even add cheese and hot sauce for an added burst of flavor.
- Quesadillas: I love tortillas with cheese, and I often eat them with stirfry vegetables. Sometimes I'll just put some spinach inside the tortilla and have cheese and spinach quesadillas.
- Salmon and or Tilapia: I love fish, and salmon and tilapia are my favorite. Instead of eating chicken or any other type of meat, I often opt to gain my protein from fish, which is rich in Omega 3 fatty acids. Omega 3 fatty acids aid in cardiovascular health and are essential for a healthy scalp. I always pair my fish with some type of vegetable and complex carbohydrate.
- Shrimp and or Veggie Pad Thai: I LOVE Thai food, and Pad Thai is one of my favorite dishes. Shrimp or veggie Pad Thai is a great option on the days that I'm trying to go meatless.
- Naan and Cucumber Salad: I also like Indian food, and Naan with a cucumber salad is an easy, meatless meal.
- Veggie Wraps and or Veggie Sandwiches: When I'm out, I often go for a veggie wrap or veggie sandwich on my meatless days. The Indian restaurant I frequent makes great veggie wraps. Togos and other sandwich shops make great vegetarian sandwiches.
- Tofu: Tofu can be added to many dishes to take the place of meat. The cool thing about tofu is that it is virtually flavorless and will take on the flavor of whatever dish you throw it in.
- Spinach and mushroom pizza: Spinach and mushroom pizza is a great meatless meal. If you can get it made on whole wheat dough, then that's an even healthier option!