Monday, May 4, 2009

Diet

What is it Going to Take for People to Get it?

There was a point in time when I, like many other Americans, was looking for a magic pill to help me lose weight. Now, I've been on many fad diets, but I've always been wary of diet pills. Hydroxycut is a product that I've seen advertised many times before, but the lure never appealed to me. Most diet products such as Hydroxycut come with a heavy price tag. In fact, if you read the warning label on the back of most diet pills, they usually state the possibility of suffering from adverse side effects such as heart attack, stroke, or psychosis. Heart attack and stroke is bad enough, but psychosis?! I'd rather be fat than crazy!

With that said, I was driving in my car the other day and heard the radio announcer talk about how Hydroxycut is now being pulled from the shelves because it has been found to cause liver damage. Unfortunately, a 19-year-old male had to die before researchers realized that the drug is in fact deadly. You can get the full report here: FDA Warns Consumers to Stop Using Hydroxycut Products.

If any of you ladies are using Hydroxycut or any other diet aids, please cease and desist. Good old fashioned diet and exercise has and always will be the key to true physical fitness.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Kim kardashian is now on an ad campaign for a new diet supplement called "Quick Trim". It's crazy how companies take people like Kim Kardashian which is someone who has what we call a "nice body" and stick her on an ad for diet pills. The workout videos are okay because she is advocating combining exericse with diet.I am trying to find new ways to get energy, but I am a victim of energy drinks loaded with carbs and sugar in which keeps me going through nursing school. Do you have a drink or special kind of vitamin you take to get through your day? If so, could there possibly be a section about alternatives to being energized throughout the day without diet pills and energy drinks? I have heard of Vita Clear by proactive, but i can never find it.