Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Hair

Transitioning Tale: Sonya's Story





A beautiful diva by the name of Sonya successfully transitioned from relaxed to natural after several years of dealing with the "creamy crack." Below is her story as told to Protecting Your Crown & Glory:
PYCAG: How long were you relaxed?
Sonya: I was relaxed for about 18 years.

PYCAG: Why did you choose to go natural?
Sonya: I was tired of getting relaxers and sweating out my perms. I was ready for a change. It has been a great change for me and I love it. Thank you so much for your help and support.

PYCAG: Why did you opt to slowly transition versus do the BC?
Sonya: I was too scared to do the BC so I would cut some of my perm out little by little. My last perm was December 2007.

PYCAG: How did you style your hair during the transition process?
Sonya: I did full sew-in weaves, half-wigs, flat twists, and blowouts. The flat twists saved my life. I live in Atlanta, GA, and the weather is hot here, so flat twists worked great for me in this sticky weather.

PYCAG: How do you care for your hair?
Sonya: I co-wash my hair 2-3 times a week. I love to twist it all over and let it air dry. As for products, I use Cantu Shea Butter Leave-in Conditioner as a moisturizer. I also use carrot oil and 100% Pure Jamaican Black Castor Oil. Jamaican Black Castor Oil is known to cleanse toxins from the scalp; nourish and thicken the hair; stimulate hair growth; moisturize dry brittle hair; repair split ends; and give hair body and bounce. I love these products!

PYCAG: What are your hair care goals?
Sonya: My hair goal is to have healthy, long hair :o).

Thank you, Sonya, for sharing your transitioning tale with Protecting Your Crown & Glory. We wish you the best of luck on your hair care journey!

No comments: