A wonderful subscriber named Danelle submitted her son Tyson for Kidz Corner. Tyson is approximately 20 months old, and is half Black, half Mexican. According to his mom, "A lot of people feel that mixed babies have 'good hair,'" but she feels that dealing with his texture and her own transition from relaxed to natural over the past 18 months has been quite a challenge. Besides, we all know that the controversial term, "good hair," has different connotations to different people, and when it comes down to it, most will find that their own hair is good as long as they're good to it ;-)!
As for Tyson's little journey, the mother of this precious baby boy noticed that his hair started to curl around 9 months of age. Up until that point, she was able to get away with using just a little baby oil on his hair. Now however, she has developed a firm regimen that she feels benefits his new texture.
- His hair is shampooed once a week
- Water, oil, and aloe vera gel are applied to his hair 3x a week in the morning
- Water, Cantu Shea Butter and Kiny-Curly Deep Conditioner (dime size) are applied to his hair 2x a week
- His hair is wet and placed in a ponytail at least two to three times a week post bath
- Shampoo -- Yes to Baby Carrots Gentle Foaming Shampoo & Body Wash for Baby
- Conditioner -- Kinky-Curly Deep Conditioner
- Moisturizers -- Water, Cantu Shea Butter, and aloe vera gel
- Oils -- Coconut and argon
Bye bye Tyson!Kidz Corner section of Protecting Your Crown & Glory, see the submission guidelines in the Introducing Kidz Corner! post.