Thursday, August 9, 2012

Hair

Ouidad: A Review


I recently had the opportunity to sample two products by Ouidad: Hydrafusion Intense Curl Cream and Define and Shine Curl Styling Gel-Cream. Having heard such great reviews about the brand, I was really excited to finally get the chance to give some of the products in the line a go...

Unfortunately however, neither product worked for me. The Hydrafusion Intense Curl Cream, which is marketed toward "tighter curls," actually left my hair really dry. Not only that, but it also left a white residue on my hair. Here is a pic of what my curls looked like dry, after having been saturated with the product:


As you can see, it didn't even do much to define my curls. It did leave them "stretched" out as it claims, but that's not the look I'm shooting for, especially with  I then tried the Define and Shine Curl Styling Gel-Cream, which is marketed toward "wavy-loose curls." Although this product did a much better job of defining my curls (sorry, no pic available), it left my hair feeling really crispy.

So, in a nutshell, both products were a wash, but they smelled really good (particularly the Hydrafusion Intense Curl Cream). As I've said with all my other reviews, just because a product doesn't work well for me, doesn't mean it can't work well for you. So, look out for these two bad boys in my next giveaway...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Where did you buy this product?? Im wondering if this could make soft curls on straight hair.

DPrincess28 said...

@Alexis Hope: It was given to me for review. You may win it in my upcoming giveaway so stay tuned...

Unknown said...

great ill be on the look out for this giveaway.