Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Diet


Diet

The following is what I consider to be my "non-diet" diet. I don't count calories, so I'm not super strict. However, I do try to eat as healthy as possible. Here are the details of my regimen:


Sunday through Thursday:
Low-fat, high-fiber meals supplemented by a multi-vitamin. At least two of these five days are meat-free (This also excludes chicken and fish). I typically have my “Meatless Mondays,” as well as no meat on Tuesdays.


Friday & Saturday:
These are my “cheat days.” I allow myself two days out of the week to have whatever I want. HOWEVER, this does not mean that I can eat as much as I want! This is key, for I used to allow myself just one cheat day per week. Yet, by the time that day rolled around, I felt so deprived that I would gorge myself on all the goodies I had avoided during the week. Fridays and Saturdays are my most social days, so if I’m having cocktails with my girls or dinner on the town with the hubby, I don’t have to worry about all the things I can’t have. And, because I've allowed myself two days instead of one, I don't overindulge, for I simply remind myself that tomorrow is another day ;).


Some of my fav & most frequently consumed foods are:


-Baked chicken

-Fiber One bars (They come in a variety of flavors. Caramel, Oats & Apple Streusel, and

Chocolate Mocha are my favs!)

-Raw Almonds (Trader Joe’s carries them in snack-size packs so you don’t have to do any measuring).

-Fruit Leather (These dried fruit snacks can also be found at Trader Joe’s)

-Tomato soup

-Turkey burgers

-Meatless Riblets (These make for are great, vegetarian meal)

-Whole wheat pasta

-Baked Cheddar & Sour Cream Chips by Lays

-Spinach

-Brocolli

-Fresh fruit (Grapes, cherries, and granny smith apples are my favs)

-Canned Fruit (Pineapples and fruit cocktail either in light syrup or it's natural juices)


No comments: