Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Fitness

Exercise
I workout 4-5 days a week for 20-40 minutes at a time. Although I own a gym membership, I’m not a huge fan of working out at the gym, for I like to diversify my workouts and do things that are fun and don't make me feel like I'm working out. Thus, I mainly workout at home or outdoors. Some of my favorite activities include:


-Walking

-Jumping Rope (A great, cardiovascular workout)

-Dancing (Just turn up the radio and get movin’!)

-Elliptical machine at the gym


In addition to cardiovascular work, I also like to engage in some form of strength training exercise. The following are some of the muscle-building activities I perform:

-Swinging on the monkey bars at the park (A great, upper body workout)

-Indoor rock climbing (Another great, upper body workout)

-Leg lifts with weights (This is great for the hamstrings and helps eliminate the appearance of cellulite on the back of the thighs).


1 comment:

Augusta7 said...

Hey girl, I know that you just had your first baby and I'm on my second but live in a new area (the mountains) Where walking as much as I did before is really not an option with all the snow. What types of work-outs did you do while pregnant? Do you have any suggestion for indoor workouts?