Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Contest

Truest Diva Contest Answers

Below are the answers to the questions to the Truest Diva Contest. Some of the questions were trickier than others. Here is a short video in which I explain the answers to some of the harder questions in detail:

The Tough Questions of the Truest Diva Contest Explained


Questions & Answers

1. What is the one thing I used that I consider to be the reason why I incurred little to no breakage during the transition process? Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO). I used it on my hair at night and then washed it out in the morning.

2. What inspired my look for 2009 (The makeup look I wore the first night out on the town in '09)? My favorite pair of stilettos: Leopard Print Stilettos

3. Is getting a texturizer a good way to transition into being natural? No

4. What's the URL to my blog? http://glorycrown.blogspot.com

5. What vitamin, when used topically or ingested, enhances scalp circulation? Vitamin E

6. How long have I been natural? Six years (or six years and three months to be exact)

7. What is the purpose of a co-wash? To cleanse the hair of dirt, oil, and product buildup without stripping the hair of essential moisture (which can happen during a shampoo wash). This helps make curly/kinky hair more manageable to deal with.

8. We know that protein treatments are important, but why must we alternate them with conditioning treatments? Because protein treatments put strength back into the hair, but they can also make the hair hard, which can lead to excessive shedding and or breakage. It is therefore important to put moisture back into the hair to balance out this process.

9. Name three hairstyles other than weaves and braids that I recommend ladies who are transitioning wear. Kinky twists; roller sets; straw sets; buns; phony ponies; braidouts; and bun outs are all acceptable answers.

10. If you add _____ to your diet, you can reduce your risk of cancer and heart disease. Fiber

11. Am I mixed? No

12. Doing this will increase your metabolic rate by 8%. Lifting HEAVY weights for as little as 3-6 reps.

13. What causes traction alopecia? Any hair style that places too much tension and or stress on the scalp.

14. What ultimately caused me to transition from relaxed to natural? I incurred a lot of damage due to over processing from dye and relaxers. I therefore found it necessary in order to get my hair back on a healthy track.

15. Name three heat-free styles I've shared with you guys. Bun outs; braidouts; flat twists with bantu knots; flat twist ponytail; tombraider ponytail; and my natural curls are all acceptable answers.

16. Name three products I use on my skin. Noxzema; Aveeno Clear Complexion Cleansing Bar; Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer with SPF 30; Aveeno Ultra Calming Daily Moisturizer with SPF 15; Witch Hazel; Benzoyl Peroxide 5%; and Oatmeal 'N Honey Natural Facial Scrub by Queen Helene are all acceptable answers.

17. Trimming your ends is an important part of a healthy hair care regimen, but should in no way be A traumatic experience or detrimental to your hair growth progress.

18. Name three steps I've taken to repair my heat damaged hair. Abstained from heat; Performed regular protein treatments; Trimmed my ends regularly to rid myself of heat damaged ends and or recently cut off 2 inches of heat damaged ends.

19. What are the names of the two flat irons I own? Jilbere de Paris Definition Series and the GVP Generic Chi (aka Pink Camo, short for camoflauge and not "Camel," as some of you stated, LOL!)

20. List three things I did to make myself over for Valentine's Day. Dyed my bangs and or the front of my head; cut bangs and face framing layers; added extensions; did a new makeup look with false eyelashes; and wore orange instead of the traditional red or pink.

No comments: