Monday, May 11, 2009

Give Thanks To Mothers Everyday

Hey Divas,

I hope you had a fabulous weekend and showered your mothers with lots of love and affection. Yet, I believe that's something we should be doing every day of the year. I don't know why someone who is practically at superhero status, thanks to all the hard work they put into keeping their homes together, only get one day out the year to be celebrated. My parents have been married for almost 40 years, but there are a ton of single mothers out there that are doing everything in their power to keep food on their table and clothes on the backs of their children…all while trying to have a life of their own and remain sane! And, please recognize that you don't have to give birth to a child to be considered a mother, for a mother can be any woman who has nurtured and guided you throughout your life. I was blessed to have had two mothers in my life: My mother who gave birth to me and my maternal grandmother who loved and took care of me as if I was her own.

So ladies, lets give thanks to the divas that brought us into this world. Without them, Lord knows where we'd be today…unborn I guess!

XOXO,

DPrincess28

1 comment:

Trellis said...

So True, I posted a similar statement on my blog this weekend. Don't wait for a Holiday to honor you Mother! Thanks for the post.