Monday, July 27, 2009

Makeup

Smoked out Forest

So, I was playing in my makeup the other day and came up with this look I like to call "Smoked out Forest." For this look, I used my Multi-color palette by Icing and my Midnight Sparkle eye shadow pencil by Lorac.



I used the dark, shimmery green in the bottom row, the black that's next to it, and the lime green that sits in the first position of the second row. Normally when I do a smokey eye, I start out with the black, then work in the lighter color. Yet, after seeing a smokey eye tutorial by icraiz (Smokey Series: Dramatic Black/Brown Smokey Eyes), I decided to do things a little differently. So...

I started by applying the dark shimmery green color just above my crease.

I then brightened up that color by blending in some of the lime green.
Next, I took the Midnight Sparkle eye shadow pencil by Lorac and began filling in the lid area below the crease.

Using my angled brush by Avon, I began packing the matte black on top of the eye shadow pencil in order to darken it up.

I continued to blend in the black and dragged it into my crease.
I then had to touch up some of the green, so I went back in with my all over shadow brush.
I dragged some of the black shadow into the inner corner of my eye for a more dramatic effect.

Next, I lined my lower lid with my black eyeliner pencil by N.Y.C, then used the Midnight Sparkle pencil by Lorac to drag the line out past the crease. This made for a more defined V-shape at the outer corner of the eyes.

I used Urb by Urban Decay as my highlight...
And after applying a few coats of mascara, this was the result:


You can see some of the shimmer better from this camera angle.
I decided to go without foundation, so I used the following items to finish my look:
  • Blot powder by Mac
  • Loverush powder blush by Mac
  • Bronzer by Icing
  • 907B lipstick by Wet 'n Wild
  • A generic, sheer pink gloss
I wasn't sure what lipstick/gloss to wear with this look, so I tried my 907B lipstick by Wet 'n Wild first, which is a dark berry color. I think it gave me a very vampy look, so I decided to call this "The Forest Vamp":
There is something very sexy, yet sinister about this look (It reminds me of the sea witch Ursula from The Little Mermaid), so I decided to tone it down and make it more wearable by replacing the deep berry color on my lips with the sheer, pink gloss:


This would look good for a night out, especially if I had a nice green dress to rock with it. And of course, you can always jazz up any look for a night out on the town by adding a pair of falsies.

The look with #118 falsies

5 comments:

Urban Homeschoolers Of Columbus said...

That green eyeshadow is fierce!!!LOL.

DPrincess28 said...

Thanks girl! XOXO

Janelle Robinson, MPH said...

I actually love the berry lips for a winter holiday party look...They both look pretty.

Janelle Robinson, MPH said...

BTW, I am new to makeup. I have tried several foundations and I have not been pleased. Well on a whim I purchased the blot powder by MAC this weekend and I absolutely love it. So thanks for all the wonderful reviews on it, that definitely helped foster my decision to purchase it. I will see how the bronzer works next since you created this look with no foundation..I love it. Again thanks you are a huge help..Kudos

DPrincess28 said...

Glad you like the blot powder. It is a must-have for me! XOXO