Thursday, September 3, 2009

Diet

Best Diet Tips Ever!


WebMd consulted with health experts from around the country in order to compile the "15 Best Diet Tips Ever." I'm particularly fond of "best diet tip" number two and number six. Number two states: "Think about what you can add to your diet, not what you should take away." I find this to be very important, as most of us immediately start thinking of drastically slashing calories in order to lose weight and therefore often lose sight of the fact that a healthy diet is one that is well balanced. That's what makes lifestyle diets such as Weight Watchers a great option for those looking to improve their health, as it requires dieters to incorporate five servings of fruits and vegetables into their daily diet. Considering that French Fries are probably the most oft consumed vegetable by many Americans, this forces one to truly evaluate not just how much one is eating, but what one is eating.

My second favorite "best diet tip" is number six, which states: "Enjoy your treats away from home." This tip has truly helped me on my weight loss journey, for instead of stocking decadent treats in my house, I reserve my cheating for eating out. Thus, if I want to eat that fat slice of pie, I have to leave my house to get it. To discover the remaining 13 "best diet tips," check out the "15 Best Diet Tips Ever."

No comments: