Thursday, September 17, 2009

Petroleum, Petroleum, Petroleum!

Hey divas,

I get comments from time to time from readers who want to know what I think about petroleum. Apparently, many of you are not aware of the post I made a long time ago regarding petroleum. You can view it here: Petroleum Gets a Bad Rap!

I've said several times before that people should find what works best for them. Petroleum has never done anything to me, so I don't have a problem with it :-). Considering that I slather Vaseline around my eyes every night to keep the skin from getting dry and wrinkly (and have done so for many years), I definitely don't have a problem using petroleum-based products. Remember, I don't put anything on my scalp, but even when I did "grease" my scalp back in the day, it didn't impede growth. In fact, my hair was longer and thicker back then!

If you're ever curious about what I think about any product, please check out the Product Research/Reviews section of Protecting Your Crown & Glory.

XOXO,

DPrincess28

5 comments:

Avillacorta said...

I myself LOVE Vaseline. I still use it after a bath or shower, to seal in moisture and YES keep me from being ashy all day. I can put it on once and not have to use anything else to keep my skin moisturized all day long. I also use it on my child (gotta keep his skin looking smooth and nourished). I also love the baby vaseline due to the smell.
On another note, I'm a Licensed Nail Technician and I always tell my clients that instead of buying all of these expensive foot lotions, go to the dollar store and buy you some vaseline. Put a generous amount on your heels (or any rough spots on the feet) after you bath or shower at night and sleep in socks. You will notice immediate results. Lots of people don't like to sleep in socks so I tell them try to keep it on for atleast an hour so it seals in the moisture. It definitely helps between and in conjunction with pedicures. :-)

Ambrosia said...

I agree, do what works for you. My hair was longer and thicker back when I was using Pink Lotion, and that seems to be on everyone's hate list when it comes to hair sites and forums. I am trying to see what I can do without it, but if what's considered "the right way" doesn't work, I'll start the Pink again.

And Vaseline is awesome for dry lips. I use it before bed and my lips are soft the next morning. :)

Journey of a Gemini said...

I thought pink lotion was good for your hair? I havent come across any issues..

Dannielle said...

Speaking of products with petroleum, have you ever tried softee coconut oil? I use it to remoisturize after I set my hair in twists. I wanted to know how you like it compared to bronner bros in your regimen. Blessings!

Anonymous said...

I saw someone's fotki who put vaseline body lotion in their hair, so that's true, you truly have to find out what works best for you.