From the Makeover Files
I love playing with hair and makeup, and lately others have allowed me to practice on them, my sisters included. Below is the result of a makeover I did on one of my sisters a while back. Enjoy!
Prior to this makeover, my sister had just removed a sew-in weave she had kept in for about three months. Although her hair had grown quite a bit, it was extremely dry and in desperate need of a good deep conditioning treatment and trim:
Hair before: dry and frizzy
I started by shampooing the hair, then distributed Organic Root Stimulator's Olive Oil Replenishing Pak throughout. I had her sit under my hooded dryer for about ten minutes so that the conditioner could penetrate:
Processing the deep conditioner under the hooded dryer
After the conditioner was rinsed out, I applied some One 'n Only Ceramic Silk Thermal Protection Ironing Crème to the hair, making sure to concentrate the product on the ends. I also sprayed the hair with some Megasilk Olive Heat Protection Spray prior to blow drying it straight. Once dry, I took small sections and began straightening the hair with my GVP Generic Chi flat iron.
My sister typically wears her hair in its natural state, opting to play with hair pieces from time to time. Yet, since she was due for a trim, and I don't know how to get a good, clean cut without the hair being straight, we opted to heat style it. Thus, after I trimmed the ends, I applied some Firm Hold Designing Spritz by African Essence to the hair prior to bumping the ends with the flat iron. I then pin curled the hair (for details, see Pincurls!), and moved on to the makeup.
Hair in pincurls
My sister was wearing a really pretty yellow top with a silver embellishment. I therefore decided to give her a flirty yellow and green eye shadow look to complement her outfit.
Face beforeItems used:
- NYC brow and liner pencil in dark brown (Not shown. Used to fill in brows)
- Urban Decay Primer Potion (Not shown)
- Golden Retriever by Prestige
- Blond Pearly by NYX
- The forest green color in my Multi-Color palette by Icing
- The black color in the Multi-Color palette by Icing (Used a small amount to darken up the green)
- Black liquid liner (Not shown)
- Black eyeliner pencil by N.Y.C. (Not shown)
- Lash Stiletto mascara in very black by Maybelline (Not shown)
- False eyelashes (Not shown. Don't remember the number, sorry!)
- Pürminerals 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Makeup in Deeper (Used under eyes as concealer only)
- Blot powder by Mac in Dark
- Raizin powder blush by Mac
- Bronzer by Icing
- NYX lipstick pencil in Deep Red
- Cutie lip gloss by Ulta