Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Hair

Santa Fe Bronze is Back!


Back in May, I dyed my bangs in Santa Fe Bronze using a box kit by Silk Elements (See Update on Santa Fe Bronze for details). Since most of my color had grown out, and I was nearing the end of another year, I figured what better time than to jazz up my look than now? So, on December 14th, I dyed my bangs in Santa Fe Bronze again.

Below are pics of the process. You'll notice how I didn't apply dye to my roots, and that's for a few reasons. For one, similar with relaxers, I don't think it's a good idea to place chemicals on the scalp, as they can seep into the pores. It's been said that certain dyes can cause cancer, so I figure not allowing them to get into my skin is the best way to prevent any possible adverse side effects. Secondly, I've noticed that the hairs around my hair line are extremely fragile, and therefore can't withstand the harsh process, as I've experienced breakage in the past. Thus, I steer clear of this area, applying color about an inch below my roots:


In addition to my bangs, I also decided to apply a streak of color going towards the back of my head like so:

I allowed the color to process like so for 30 minutes:

And here is the end result:

The color looks much more dramatic than it is from this angle, as you get to see the way the color looks with my hair spread out. Yet, when I pull my hair back in a ponytail for instance, then you get to see really how subtle the change is:

I have yet to straighten my hair since dying it, so I still don't know what the color looks like on flat ironed hair, but I'll share the results with you once I do.

3 comments:

bluebonnet67 said...

Beautiful color!

Anonymous said...

I love how you do just the bangs. I am relaxed so I have been thinking about doing a rinse in mine...

Avillacorta said...

Looks great!