Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Skin

Aveeno Baby


Those of you who have been following my blog for a while know that I'm in love with Aveeno's line of skin care products. Aveeno's Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser and Radiant Skin Moisturizing Lotion are gentle on my super sensitive skin. Although I had mentioned in my post titled, "Radiant Skin Moisturizing Lotion" that I could save money by purchasing Target's generic version of the Aveeno face lotion, I have since decided to stick with Aveeno, as their formula has proven to be superior to the less expensive variety.

Now that I'm a mommy, I not only consider how products affect my skin, but my baby's skin as well. Seeing that my son shares my genes, he unfortunately inherited my sensitive skin, which is prone to acne breakouts and eczema. Fortunately, my son hasn't suffered any serious breakouts, but I did notice that he was developing tiny red bumps on his body when I used Johnson's baby products on his skin. Although the no tears, head to toe baby wash I was using claimed to be formulated for sensitive skin, there apparently was something in the products his skin did not like. I then switched to the lightly scented Aveeno Baby Wash and Shampoo, and followed that up with the Aveeno Baby Daily Moisture Lotion, and soon kissed those tiny red bumps goodbye!

Similarly, my niece, who unfortunately suffers from a mild case of eczema like her auntie, was able to keep her breakouts in check with the Aveeno Baby Soothing Bath Treatment. My family and I have therefore been able to relieve our skin woes thanks to Aveeno!

(And no, the company did not pay me to say that, although I wish they had, LOL!)

No comments: