Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Makeup

My Mini Apothica Haul

I recently ordered some items from Apothica, an online beauty emporium. Although two of the items featured in this haul are some of my usual suspects, I did get one new item that I've had on my wish list for quite some time now...

1. The Natural Eye Kit by Too Faced

I love the Too Faced Shadow insurance, but surprisingly have never tried any eye shadows in the Too Faced brand. I do however love their packaging, for the frilly, girly look was enough to draw me in:


This palette, which retails for approximately $35.00, comes with 9 different colors (as pictured above minus the flash) and three step-by-step tutorial cards to help you create the natural eye looks featured below:

Although I am digging the colors (6 of which are shimmery and the other three are matte), I'm not really feeling the looks featured on the cards. I will therefore try to come up with some of my own looks, which I will share with you in a later post.
2. Pur Mineral 4-in-1 Powder Foundation

This product is my tried and true. I have not gone back to liquid foundation ever since I first sampled this magnificent powder almost three years ago and shared the results in a post titled A Review of Mineral Foundation. As you can see in the pic above at left, I was running out of the foundation and needed to purchase a new one. It typically retails for about $25.00 but was on sale at Apothica for $19.50.


3. Vera Wang


I mentioned in my Epic Haul: Mommy Swag video (around the 2:25 mark) that Vera Wang is one of my favorite fragrances. It normally retails at around $72.00, but Apothica was selling it for $47.86, which is a great deal! I know fragrances smell differently on everyone, because they do mix with your body chemistry, but if I had to recommend a perfume, it would definitely be this one.

I'm not good at describing scents, for if I did, it would probably end up sounding cheesy, so I'll just use Vera's description, as featured on the insert provided with the fragrance:

Vera Wang on Scent
A modern floral bouquet, the Vera Wang fragrance is sesual and intimate. It is the fragrance of desire.

The Flirtation:
The first encounter is a flirtation of Bulgarian rose (the symbol of passion), calla lily (beauty), and mandarin flower (good luck).

The Kiss:
The flirtation is followed by a passionate kiss of gardenia (purity), lotus (innocence), iris (affection) and white stephanotis (marital happiness).

The Embrace: 
The final embrace of sheer musks, white woods, and precious floral nectar.

Now doesn't that sound like a fragrance you'd like to try?

**FTC: A portion of this haul was sponsored.

No comments: