MadiMeli is a beautiful young girl with extremely coarse, type 4b hair.
- Her hair is shampooed once a month during the winter
- Her hair is co-washed 1-2x/week
- Her scalp is moisturized with oil every few days
- The ends of her hair are moisturized with a natural moisturizer
- She wears a satin scarf almost every night
- Her hair is cornrowed and/or twisted every 2-3 weeks and the styles are maintained by either re-twisting or using a light gel on her edges and brushing it
- Her hair is easily detangled with conditioner, which helps retain its length
- A wide tooth comb and Denman brush are used to detangle the hair
- Shampoo -- Kids' Organic Shea Butter Conditioning Shampoo
- Conditioners -- Aussie Moist Conditioner and Suave Naturals Conditioner
- Moisturizers -- Shea butter mix with EVCO
- Oils -- 100% Organic EVCO and Haitian Black Castor Oil (Similar to JBCO)
- Styling Products -- ORS Twist & Lock Gel and Fantasia IC Gel
|Cornrows with a twist|
To achieve the hair style with the massive puff, MadiMeli's mom combs sections of hair upwards with a wide tooth comb. She moisturizes her hair with the shea butter mix, then applies a small amount of the Fantasia IC gel to the edges and all around. She smooths her daughter's hair with a soft boar bristle brush, then secures the pony puff with a cut nylon stocking instead of a hair band.
Thank you, Sdestra, for sharing MadiMeli's favorite hairstyles. We wish her much success on her hair care journey!
**Note: If you'd like to submit a little one for the Kidz Corner section of Protecting Your Crown & Glory, see the submission guidelines in the Introducing Kidz Corner! post.