Monday, January 23, 2012

WELCOME!

I've been gone for a minute, and I spy quite a few new faces out there. Welcome! I hope you guys find your stay here both informative and enjoyful. As you can see, I have rolled out the red carpet for you (**smile**).

I hope things are off to a great start for all of you this new year. As for me, I'm doing just fine, thanks for asking. Instead of waiting for the spring to do my spring cleaning, I've opted to let go of stuff now. After all, the new year brings new things, and I need to clear out some space to make room for it all. One thing you need to know about me is that your girl is somewhat of a neat freak. So, when my place is in shambles, I feel like my whole life is in shambles! I therefore need some time to get things in order over here, so please be patient with me.

In other news, I would like for those of you who have yet to see the new George Lucas film, Red Tails, to hit up your local theater and show your support.
I found this movie about the Tuskegee Airmen and all their heroic endeavors to be quite phenomenal. It is definitely a must-see, for it is often difficult for stories of African American heroism (and there are quite a few) to make it into the spotlight, as many are unfortunately swept under the rug. I loved the action scenes (although I did squirm quite a bit), and enjoyed following the lives and experiences of each character. Plus, the cast is quite handsome, which made the film much easier to sit through ;-).

Stay tuned for more goodies...

XOXO,

DPrincess28

No comments: