Friday, May 18, 2012

Hair

My Favorite Styling Tools/Aids

I just shared my favorite hair care products for 2012, but it's time I shared my favorite styling tools/aids. These are items that I use on a daily basis and can't live without.

#1. My firm bristle brush


This brush has firm synthetic bristles that are great for brushing and slicking down edges. I use it daily on natural curls and heat-free styles once I've applied water, Bronner Bros. Extra Lite Super Gro and Isoplus Gel.


#2. Shower comb

I can get away with not combing my hair for an entire week as long as I detangle it prior to styling. Although I begin the detangling process prior to washing (I comb out curls with EVOO during my pre-poo process. See Q&A Vol 8: Hot Oil, Deep Conditioning & Hair Dye for more deets), I like to further detangle my hair in the shower with conditioner.


#3. Duckbill hair clips

I use these to section my hair off prior to styling, whether I choose to wear my hair naturally curly or straight. I also use them to pin curl my hair when I don't have any bobby pins handy. Love 'em!

#4. Ouchless hair ties


Considering that I wear my hair in a ponytail about 80% of the time, these Ouchless hair ties by Goody have been a lifesaver. I can pull my hair back without fear of it breaking. I especially love the thick ones.

#5. Satin Scarf

This is a must for protecting my hair from breakage during the night. I alternate between wearing a satin scarf and bonnet. It just depends on how I've styled my hair.

No comments: