Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Makeup

December "Glam Bag" Makeover 


I've been a member of Ipsy (formerly My Glam) for about three months now, and although I wasn't all that pleased with my first shipment, I must say my December bag is quite fab. And, since December is my birthday month, my samples arrived just in time for me to give myself a birthday makeover!

This month's glam bag includes:

  • Mai Couture Highlight Papier
  • Mirabella Prime for Face & Eyes
  • Be A Bombshell lipgloss in Hot Mess (Love it!)
  • Zero eyeliner pencil by Urban Decay
  • Ultra Pearl eye shadow by NYX
For my December "glam bag" makeover, I used every product except the Mirabella Prime for Face & Eyes. For one, it says on the package that the product shouldn't be used near the lash line, so I assumed it was just a face primer, but now that I've read some reviews for it on Ipsy's website, I see that it is indeed an eye shadow primer as well.

Anyway, these are the products I used in addition to the glam bag items:

  • Too Faced Shadow Insurance Eye shadow primer (not shown)
  • The tan, and two brown shades in my Darling eye shadow palette by LA Colors
  • The purple color (top center in photo above) in my Creative Me #1 palette by Coastal Scents
  • Carbon Black mascara by L'Oreal  
  • Black liquid eyeliner by NYC (upper lids--not shown)
  • Pur Mineral 4-in-1 powder foundation in Deeper (not shown)
  • Raizin powder blush by MAC
  • Translucent Prep & Prime Finishing Powder by MAC
The look I put together wasn't so much "glam" as it was a twist on my everyday look. Here's what I did:



I applied the Ultra Pearl eyeshadow from the glam bag to the inner corners of my eyes and across half of my lid.


I applied the highlight papers (which came with instructions) to the area underneath my eyes and above my cheekbones. I also applied some to the bridge of my nose.


I set everything with translucent powder, my latest purchase from MAC. I still use the Blot powder to keep oil at bay throughout the day but decided to try some loose powder because I feel it sets the foundation better.

And here's the finished look:
Eyes











Face






















Lips














You like?

By the way, if you're wary about signing up for a membership like I was, here's some good news: Ipsy just updated their site so that now when you sign up (or in my case, log back in), they ask you more detailed questions concerning the types of products you like, brands, and what your skin tone is. Like, DUH. Skin tone is a big deal folks, so now that they're taking that into consideration, I may get better glam bags down the line and it won't be so hit and miss. Now that they've updated my info, I'm looking forward to future shipments, so stay tuned... ;-)

No comments: