Monday, April 29, 2013

Makeup

Peachy Keen


As you know, I recently purchased a new makeup palette by NYX called the All I've Ever Wanted Box, and let me tell you, it is all I've ever wanted! With a variety of eyeshadow shades, blushers, lippies and face powders, the options are limitless! Today I'd like to share a look I created using bright orange, tangerine and gold colors from the palette, one I've dubbed "Peachy Keen."

Step 1: I primed my lids with Too Faced Shadow Insurance, then applied the following gold shade to the inner corner of each eye.


Step 2: Next, I applied this bright orange, shimmery shade to the center of the lid.


Step 3: I then placed this shimmery red, sunset color toward the outer part of the lid.


Step 4: Using an angled eye shadow brush, I applied this greyish brown shade to the outer v.


Step 5: Using a crease brush, I applied a combo of this light brown shade and the shimmery red shade I applied in step 3 to the crease, using windshield wiper motions.


Step 6: To finish the look, I applied this light sand color under the brow as a highlight.


Step 7: Using the angled eyeliner brush I purchased as part of my Apothica Haul, I applied some black gel liner to my upper lash line, and pencil liner (not shown) in Zero by NYX to the lower lash line.

After applying several coats of Voluminous Carbon Black mascara by L'Oreal to the upper and lower lashes, I then moved on to the face...

After applying Pur Mineral 4-in-1 powder foundation in Deeper all over my face, and then some Pro Longwear Concealer in NC45 by MAC under my eyes and the bridge of my nose as a highlight, I then dusted some of the highlight powder from the All I've Ever Wanted Box to the same areas to further accentuate them. 


To contour, I applied some of the dark brown eye shadow from the Darling palette by L.A. Colors to the sides of my nose...

And some of the contour powder from the All I've Ever Wanted Box to the hollows of my cheeks.

I then added some of the peachy blush from the palette to the apples of my cheeks...

And some of the tangerine lip gloss to my lips, et voila!


Pics of the finished look:

 


 **Smooches!**