Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Hair

The First Lady on Style

In the February 2009 issue of Sophisticate's Black Hair Styles and Care Guide magazine, Michelle Obama is featured in a spread in which she discusses her family, her philosophies on life, and of course, her hair. Just because she's the first lady and has a demanding schedule doesn't mean that she doesn't care about her hair. After all, she's still a woman, and a phenomenal one at that!

Mrs. Obama's hair stylist, Johnny Wright, knows a thing or two about styling and maintaining a head full of healthy hair. In fact, he is fully aware of the conditioning powers olive oil possesses, and uses it on the first lady's hair. Y'all know how much I love olive oil, so I was pleasantly surprised to see that the first lady uses it on her hair too! In addition, I did a video in which I talked about vitamin E, and Mrs. Obama's hairstylist confirms the positive impact Vitamin E has on hair and skin. Here's what Mr. Wright had to say about Michelle's hair:

"I use conditioners that are infused with Vitamin E and olive oil. Using olive oil to infuse the hair in the conditioning process is excellent because it helps the hair's balance and helps protect against the heat you put on your hair. Vitamin E is an essential ingredient for skin and hair. It keeps hair strong, healthy and moisturized and gives it a very healthy look. Jojoba oil is another thing that's infused into the products I use."

Mr. Wright goes on to say that he makes sure to use products that impart moisture in the hair, for it is moisture that keeps hair healthy. As for the first lady's style, Mr. Wright states that despite what many seem to believe, "She has no weaves in her hair! It's all her natural hair."

Mrs. Obama's hair is nice and thick. After having read this article, I'm going to make sure to continue to use my olive oil based products, and add some of my Vitamin E oil to my conditioning treatments. Whatever's good for the first lady is definitely good enough for me!

No comments: