Monday, June 8, 2009

Daily Devotion

This verse always inspires me to stay on God's righteous path, as I want to feel as though I've accomplished all that I have set out to do--and do it to God's liking, by the time my days have passed.

"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. From now on there is reserved for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will give me on that day, and not only to me but also to all who have longed for his appearing." 2 Timothy 4:7-8 (NIV)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, thanks for that scripture. My brother in law died a couple of years ago. He fought cancer for 10 years. 10 Years!!! They initially gave him 6 months upon diagnosis. But he kept worshipping, kept praising, kept being thankful and that good fight gave him an additional 10 years on the earth. He was lucky actually to have been given the opportunity to get closer to God and to repent and to enjoy his last years. Others are not that fortunate. Which ties into another scripture you posted "Therefore keep watch because you do not know when the owner of the house will come back -- whether in the evening, or at midnight, or when the rooster crows, or at dawn. If he comes suddenly, do not let him find you sleeping. What I say to you, I say to everyone: 'Watch!'"

DPrincess28 said...

You're right anonymous--both those scriptures are very powerful!