Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Diet

Weight Watchers

One of my divas recently asked me to recommend a diet plan for you ladies who are trying to drop some weight try. Yet, I've stated in the diet portion of the My Regimens page that I don't believe in dieting. That is, I don't believe in diet plans that don't coincide with real lifestyle changes, for quick fixes and gimmicks never yield lasting results. However, if I had to recommend any type of regimented plan to you ladies out there, it would definitely have to be Weight Watchers.

I lost ten pounds in college on Weight Watchers, but gained the weight back shortly thereafter because I wasn't ready to make serious changes in my diet and exercise habits. Yet, although I don't follow Weight Watchers' plan to a T today (meaning I don't count points), the regimen I do follow -- a high fiber, low-fat diet, is derived from the Weight Watchers' teachings I learned long ago. In fact, Weight Watchers was the only diet plan under which I truly learned how to eat right. Eating a diet rich in fruits and vegetables really is key to maintaining a healthy body and weight. The only problem with me following the diet in the past was that I went from eating one or no fruits and vegetables in a day, to having to eat five servings, which is a drastic change for someone who wasn't serious about getting healthy, but was instead looking for a quick fix.

Weight Watchers is the perfect plan for someone who is serious about getting their life on a healthy track. Not only will it teach you what to eat and how much, but it will also teach you how to read and interpret product labels, which is critical to ensure that you are eating a balanced diet. And, one of the great things about Weight Watchers is that they offer support through weekly meetings in which you can weigh in and get to know other ladies who are on the same journey as you. For more information on Weight Watchers and to find a group in your area, visit Weight Watchers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there DPrincess!...Yesterday I saw my number...and we all have that number that its like OMG...I can't weigh that much!....My weight gain is really out of control...so its funny you suggest this since I have had an old weight watchers guide in my closet for about 2 years, and I was thinking about using the point system guide...its time to dust it off and get started!...I can't allow myself fall into all the genetic dis-eases that run in my family due to weight!...

Plus I am too beautiful to be overweight!!!

Later! ; )

Wild Diva #1 said...

Thank you for the suggestion. I am changing my eating and fitness habits reason being I have put on a few pounds and feel that now is the time to make the change. I know that once I adapt I will become more motivated and energetic. Thanks once again

P.S. Please follow my blogspot....