Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Don't Ever Weigh In After A Cheat Day!

Hey divas,

If you follow a healthy regimen most of the time, but allow yourself a cheat day now and then, don't ever weigh yourself the day after cheating. Why? Because more than likely, you ate more than you usually do, and the excess food combined with water retention and bloating will cause the numbers on the scale to increase. I was freaking out all day Sunday after cheating on Saturday. Yet, lo and behold, my numbers are back down now that I've had a day of healthy eating. Although it's important to keep track of your weight so that you don't let things get out of control, weighing in too often or the day after overeating can be disastrous to your mental health.

For tips on how to do damage control after a decadent weekend, check out the following article: Pig-Out Weekends: How To Undo Overindulgence

Remember divas, it's about your health, not the size of your jeans. Now, if I can just remember that when I have my freakout moments, everything will be fine :-)!

XOXO,

DPrincess28

5 comments:

Wild Diva #1 said...

Can you please recommend a diet to try in your next blog.

Simply.Sage said...

I know exactly what you mean! one week after doing my billy boot camp work outs I lost 6 pounds so I was like ok woot that's awesome! My hubby and I went to cici's pizza ! I did a weigh in the next day I was back up 3 pounds! I swear that scale had to be changed! but it's all good! Now I know No weigh-ins after a cheat-out :) this was a great informative post btw!

deanuai04 said...

I have found this to be true as well. As a matter of fact the scale and I have a love/hate relationship. So I decided not to weigh myself. Instead I measure myself once a month as well as go by my clothes. This has helped me not to get overconfident or dejected by the number on the scale.

Sarah said...

deanuai04, I agree with you. i too have a love/hate relationship with the scale and goin by clothes is so much better. i weigh myself as seldomly as possible just to avoid over-confidence. so when i feel like my clothes are getting bigger then i know that i'm losing weight...

Nortorious said...

I know what you mean...I use my wii fit to help monitor my weight lost and it makes you weigh yourself everyday. ANd I also saw on tv that the best time to weigh yourself is after your morning bathroom break when you have on the least amount of clothes and before you eat anything...that way the recorded weight will be more true