Monday, June 8, 2009

Makeup

Smokey Hot Pink Eyes with Falsies

A few days ago I shared with you ladies the two hot pink smokey eye looks I had come up with. I explained how I was going to sport the dark, smokey eye on my night out (Get the tutorial here: Two Smokey, Hot Pink Eyes). Instead of using It's A Girl by Jane and the first color in the EP23 Serenade palette as the highlight, I used Ice Queen by Ulta and a little bit of the second color (from the left) in the EP 23 Serenade palette to highlight my brow bone. I also added some false eyelashes to finish the look. I purchased a pair from my local beauty supply store for only $1.49! Now I know where to go for lashes, because they can run $2.99 and up at the drug store. In addition, I purchased some Ardell lash glue in black for $3.99. I didn't mind paying that much for the glue, because it was a much bigger tube than the tiny ones provided with most lashes, thus, I know it will last me a long time since I only wear falsies on special occasions. Here's a pic of the lashes I used:

I like these lashes because they were long and full enough to add some pizazz to my look without looking too fake. Here's pics of what they looked like on:





Now, you know your girl does not know how to put on false eyelashes! I'm sure you recall how much trouble I had putting on those rhinestone encrusted ones for my Valentine's Day look (My Valentine's Day Look 2009). I had never resized lashes to fit my eyes before, which is why I had such difficulty putting them on in the past. Well, the following video tutorial on eyelash application helped TREMENDOUSLY! Check it out:



Homegirl is telling the truth when she says you shouldn't expect to get it right the first time. I had to take one of the lashes off and re-apply it, but that was nothing compared to the trouble I had putting on lashes in the past. I know now that by using this technique and a little bit of practice, I'll be an eyelash guru in no time!

3 comments:

bluebonnet67 said...

Falsh lashes are nice! I don't think I can wear them though because my eyelashes naturally curl all the way under just about touching my eyelid! LOL!

Janelle Robinson, MPH said...

Hi there,

I know you have showed your eyebrows before when doing your eyemake up, but can you do a video up close focusing on how you do your eyebrows from start to finish, including how you take off the the ends?

Thanks
Janelle

DPrincess28 said...

Hi Janelle,

I don't know how close up I can get on video, but I can give it a try. I can also include pics too.