Monday, July 20, 2009

Makeup

Neutral Colors from the Girly Girl Palette

I used my new Girly Girl palette by Ulta to create a neutral eye. Normally I use the EP24 Unforgettable and EP25 Fabulous palette by L.A. Colors to create my neutral eye (For the look, see Everyday Makeup Part II). After priming my lids with my Urban Decay Primer Potion, I added the colors from the Girly Girl palette to my eyes in the order in which they appear in the palette: The white color first, the pink second, the burgundy third, and the chocolate brown last.


The white is in the corner of my lids, and the pink and burgundy are layered in the center of my lids. The corners and the crease are defined with the chocolate brown.



This look doesn't pop as much as my original neutral eye, as the colors aren't quite as shimmery as those in the L.A. Colors palettes. Although it's not bad, I prefer my L.A. Colors look.

4 comments:

bluebonnet67 said...

This is a very neutral office/work day look! Nice color combo!

DPrincess28 said...

Glad you like it, but I'm not feeling it as much as my original neutral look. I think it's the mascara too. I've been using the lash stiletto by Maybelline and I'm not feeling it as much as my Sky High Curves.

Urban Homeschoolers Of Columbus said...

Your make-up is so cute. How do you get your eyeliner like that? Everytime I use liquid eyeliner it looks a mess!!LOL

DPrincess28 said...

Thanks Journeekapri. To answer your question, I just use small strokes. Don't think you have to use one long stroke to get a perfect line: that won't work! Just make small strokes and keep connecting them and drawing on top of the last one until you've created the look of one fluid line. Perhaps I'll do a tut on that...