Thursday, April 28, 2011

Celebrity Hair

The New Spokeswomen for Carol's Daughter

Okay so, I may be super late on this, but apparently Lisa Price has appointed Cassie, Solange and Selita Ebanks as the new spokeswomen for Carol's Daughter. I guess Jada Pinkett-Smith is too busy whippin' her hair back and forth to promote the brand :-P. I must say that Jada's hair is the reason why I became curious about the Carol's Daughter line in the first place, because I figured if the products could get her hair looking as fab as it does, then perhaps it could do the same for my hair...

Well the only product I've ever tried from the line is the Hair Milk, and it left much to be desired. Granted, I did try it years ago when it first came out, so there may be a new formula to go along with the new packaging. Have any of you ladies tried products from Carol's Daughter? If so, which ones, and how well did they perform?

For more info on the new spokeswomen for Carol's Daughter, check out Carol’s Daughter Spokeswomen Cassie, Selita Ebanks And Solange Discuss “Good” Hair.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't tried any of the products. They appear to be geared towards women with natural hair. I have heard that their is a bit of controversy since she choose these 3 women to be the face of Carol's Daughter though.

DPrincess28 said...

@Haute Honey: Oh for real? I guess I can kinda see that. I mean, I don't see why people would have an issue with Solange being a spokeswoman, because she has natural hair, but I guess they consider Selita & Cassie's hair to be less textured. But, I can understand why Lisa Price would do this, because if you really want to branch out and diversify the brand, then it would help to show how the products can be used on various hair textures.

bgsbnnyebony said...

I use Carol's Daughter. I use the Tui line, shampoo, smoothie and oil. The Healthy Hair Butter is also one of my staples. The spray leave-in is amazing for refreshing, and the Tui and Jojoba Sheen Spray is nice as well. Ditto for the Hair Milk, it did nothing for me, but works wonders on my 4 yr old!!!!

Fabulosity said...

They also have skin care products so maybe she should use Cassie for that line. I have tried some of the products and I only like a few. The hair milk did absolutely nothing for me. I don't like the shampoos either. I do however like the leave in spray in Tui and black vanilla and the Tui hair oil. I also tried Jadas duo and it was ok but left my hair feeling greasy.

Unknown said...

I've only used the Hair Milk (lite version) and it works nicely on my hair. For me it gives great shine and helps control frizz. I've heard that the original can weigh the hair down so maybe the lite version is the way to go! BTW your hair is always AWESOME!!