Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Hair & Makeup

Christening Look: Hair & Makeup


Hey divas! I thought I'd share with you the hair and makeup look I wore to my son's Christening a few weeks back. It was a joyous occasion and I wanted to rock a look that was mature yet fun, but most importantly, one that was cheerful for spring. First, let's start with the makeup.

For my eyes I used the following products:

-Too Faced Shadow Insurance Primer
-NYX jumbo eye shadow pencil in Milk (Used as an eye shadow base all over lids)
-Naked eye shadow by Ulta (Applied to inner corners)
-Micabella eye shadow powder dust in Earth (All over lids)
-Bronze by Ulta (Crease)
-C-159 Blossom by Prestige (Applied to outer V and crease)
-Shimmery pink color in Smashbox Trio (Highlight)
-Line Stiletto eyeliner in black by Maybelline (Upper lash line)
-Smolder eye kohl by MAC (Lower lash line)
-Black mascara (Can't recall brand...sorry!)

And here are some pics of the final outcome:





To complete the look, I used the following products:

Face
-Pur Mineral 4-in-1 powder foundation in Deeper
-Blot powder in dark by MAC
-Loverush blush by MAC
-Gold bronzer by Icing (As a highlight above apples of cheeks)

Lips
-Sweetie lipstick by MAC
-Funtabulous Dazzleglass lip gloss by MAC

For the hair, I chose to rock my natural curls, which I prepped with water and Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding. To jazz up the look, I wore an off center part and used the following accessories to add some pizazz:

Pearl necklace from Forever 21


(The flower detaches from the pearls and can be used as a hair clip)


A Pearl bracelet with a rose from Burlington Coat Factory


And this was the final look:



I loved how the two flowers came together to spice up an otherwise mundane 'do. Once you check out the Fashion section of today's post, you'll see how the flowers also served to coordinate with the outfit I wore.

Blessings,

DPrincess28

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a really pretty look. Love your hair.

DPrincess28 said...

Thanks Haute Honey!

purplgirl48 said...

Gorgeous!!!