Monday, April 25, 2011

TBYHC Check In

Hey divas,

Just checkin' in witcha to see how you're doing with the challenge. I must admit that I was a bad gal last month because I forgot to do a protein deep conditioning treatment! It's hard remembering to do a deep conditioning treatment period, but particularly a protein treatment because I've come to the conclusion that my hair can't tolerate a lot of protein. I've grown accustomed to doing a moisturizing deep conditioning treatment once a month because I find it essential in prepping my hair for heat. Needless to say, I will be doing a protein deep conditioning treatment Thursday or Friday of this week.

How are things going for you lovely ladies?

XOXO,


DPrincess28

P.S. Hope you all enjoyed a blessed Easter Sunday!

5 comments:

Augusta7 said...

So I fell off the wagon a bit I went into labor 5 weeks early and had to have an emergency c-section. Me and the baby are fine just trying to rest up and prepare for a life together:-) This all happened last monday and since then my hair has been in a bun with only a co-wash on Easter. My body is in no condition to be up in front of the mirror but as I heal and can drive again I will be off to get some more product and takin back my hair for real. Thats my update!

DPrincess28 said...

Congrats on the new baby! You definitely get a pass, 'cause I didn't feel like doing squat the first few months either. Even though my baby is older, I haven't been on my game either. I need to write down when I deep condition my hair so I don't forget!

Unknown said...

Hey Dprincess well we're(me and my two daughters) doing fine. I well had to cut the last remaining straight ends from my 8 mths transition that I thought ended about 2mths ago...I concider it a small set back with a perk cause I am now officially NATURAL! YAY! and my youngest daughter is doing good with the frizz control..My eldest has achieved managability and frizz control. We have all gained overal health in our hair and well thats important..We will continue this even after the challenge and I will be postin some pics at the end of your challenge so look me up on PielMorena34@blogspot.com and see the results..thanks for the encouragemen! by the way ur sunday swag had its own swaggah! lol

DPrincess28 said...

@RicanQueen: Thanks for the update. Glad to hear you and your daughter's are doing well :-). Also, thanks for the compliment! XOXO

MagnificentReign said...

I'm doing pretty good with the challenge. Like you, I haven't done my protein treatment, but for a different reason. ApHogee treatments are just something of a hassle. It smells, it's sticky, you have to be so careful once it dries. I finally decided to do it today as I'm hoping the protein will help a section of hair in the front that hasn't been curling up like the rest of my hair. Other than that, no heat and regular deep conditioning has been a breeze!