Thursday, June 6, 2013

Hair

My Latest Splurge


If you recall from previous posts/videos, Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding is one of my favorite curly hair products. I fell in love with this bad boy when I first sampled it back in 2010 (See Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding Is..). However, I don't purchase it often because SHAZAM, the price is outrageous!

At $40/jar, this is definitely what I consider to be a high-end product. True, it works well, but as us curly haired divas know, in order to keep our curls in check, we need a lot of product. Thus, affordability is a major factor when selecting a curly styler.

I haven't used this product since my sister's wedding, an event that took place two years ago, so when I spotted this on the shelves at Target, I decided to splurge. Here are the results:

Curls styled with Miss Jessie's


I've been rocking my curls in a high ponytail lately because it makes getting ready in the mornings that much simpler. All I do is spritz my curls with some water and scrunch with the curly pudding. I applied pure coconut oil to damp hair before the Miss Jessie's upon initial application, as it not only helps seal in moisture, but it also serves as a buffer between my hair and this product, which I've found can make the hair really crispy if you're not careful.

What hair product do you like to splurge on from time to time?

XOXO,

DPrincess28

2 comments:

Britt said...

Your hair is gorgeous!
I found a product in Walmart that is supposed to be a knock-off of the MJ Curly Pudding called III Sisters of Nature Spiral Pudding. It has the same smell, color, and consistency but doesn't have the mineral oil and other yucky stuff that's in MJ. And it's like $14!
I'm not completely sure how it compares because I think I only used MJ once and I don't remember the results, but I like it on my hair.

oneand20.blogspot.com

DPrincess28 said...

Thanks Chica! And yes, I've actually run into a few MJ knockoffs. I'm sure there are other products that perform just as well but cost less. I just like it because it's one of the few products out there that actually lives up to its claims IMO.