Wednesday, August 25, 2010

R.I.P.

Today marks the 9th anniversary of Aaliyah Dana Haughton's untimely passing. I can clearly recall the day I discovered that the beautiful and talented singer/actress lost her life in a plane crash just shortly after filming the music video for "Rock The Boat." Initially, I was in disbelief, but after coming to terms with the reality of it, I found myself deeply saddened. To see someone with such promise lose their life at such a young age is devastating. Aaliyah was one of my biggest hair inspirations, and I therefore couldn't let the day go by without paying tribute to the lovely songstress. May she rest in peace.





XOXO,

DPrincess28

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am super late, but my sister and I were such huge fans of Aaliyah... so much that she named my niece after her. Her beauty, style, music and especially her hair was always on point. I was a little kid when she hit the scene, and every time I saw her on television I would think, "Man I want to be like her when I become a teenager." I couldn't wrap my mind around her death with her being so young and such an inspiration to many, but may she rest in peace, and she will always be remembered.