Monday, January 3, 2011

Fashion

NYE 2010: Out with the old, in with the new!

In my post titled, Shoes for NYE 2010, I mentioned how it can be more economical to jazz up an old outfit with accessories rather than chunking down dough on an entirely new fit. Well, I took this plain black dress I've owned for quite some time now and turned it up a notch thanks to a few bangles and baubles:

Before
Rose petal necklace to offset the black roses built into the dress
Blinged out ring and bracelet for a little pizazz
Pink and black ribbon to cinch the waist ($1.99 @ Jo-Ann Fabrics)
My new Candies Shoes for NYE 2010 plus my sparkly silver shoulder bag:

After
Luckily, I was able to borrow the jewelry from my sis and acquire some of the other additions for little to nothing. I've always said that having sisters is a blessing because you get double (and in my case, triple) the wardrobe! How's that for turning something old into something new!

No comments: